26 Jul 2011--We always knew it, but now we have the pictures to prove it!!! CATHY IS A CERTIFIED HERO!!!!
So this is what happened. Cathy was outside, talking to one of the ladies (known as Baker) who run the RV park, when all of a sudden she noticed that there was a lot of smoke coming out of one of the RVs in the park.
She yelled to Baker to get a fire distinguisher and to call the Fire Department, and at the same time ran towards the RV. When she got to the passenger side of the RV she noticed a sign in the window saying "Dog on Board", so she tried the door and to her relief it was open. Cathy dashed inside, saw a Boston Terrier, grabbed her in the nick of time, and exited the RV. This is Baker and the dog later.
Right after Cathy got the dog out something actually blew up in the front of the RV. When the firefighters got it all put out they said it was either an electrical short or something wrong with the batteries that caused the fire. Everyone around the RV was afraid that the propane tank would blow up, so people made themselves scarce during the fire. (Where you see the fireman kneeling in the 3rd pic is where the propane tank is in our RV.)
The owners of the RV were shopping at Costco the whole time this was happening, but when they got home this is what they came home to. The wife thanked Cathy for saving her dog...and was shocked to learn that her door wasn't locked...she just forgot to lock it when they went out this morning!!! Lucky dog, huh!?